My street/strip '70 Duster is nearing completion. The factory bench seat needs to go - heavy and not too cool. I'm thinking about going with aftermarket seats. It looks like Procar has some decent seats for not a whole lot of money, and they're high-back and have slots for the harness. Also, Procar sells model-specific brackets that will (supposedly) allow me to bolt them up to the existing holes in my floor. But they say their brackets only work with their seats. There's another company called Wedge that makes model-specific brackets. They say their brackets will work with seats from all the major aftermarket seat manufacturers. I guess if I bought their brackets, I would have more options for seats. I really don't want a basic Jegs or Summit poly seat. I want something that is halfway comfortable and looks nice, but I don't want to spend more than about $200 per seat.

In the past, I've used junkyard seats and drilled holes in floors to make them fit. I couldn't get them to line up with the existing reinforcement ribs in the floorpan, so I had to make my own reinforcement plates. Also, I had to use spacers to level the seats. This time, I would prefer to have a clean solution that also won't annoy the NHRA tech inspectors.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.