Quote:

What about having your current shoes arced to fit your current drums? Here they do for $5 per corner/fast turnaround/good finish on the shoes. It dont seem like they take off hardly any material but I've checked before/after & way more contact area afterwards & I was surprised how little contact there was before in supposedly "concentric" drums/linings. EDIT even new stuff will be slightly out of round & have a point where there is contact at that 1 point as tthe wheel/drum rotates & even if the drum is perfect the rest of the shoe assy ain't & will have that 1 place that will make contact first

I might look into that to see if someone around here can arc the shoes. These are new/old shoes (new as I bought them and installed them, old becuase I bought them and installed them 10 years ago- but they've yet to see road use) So they really haven't been broken in yet.

The reason why I'm going over the brakes with a fine-toothed comb is that I've noticed in moving the car around that the brake pedal almost goes to the floor (PB, rebuilt master and booster) so I'm wondering if I've got some slop somewhere in the wheels that's causing this (as far as I can tell there's no misadjustment/slop in the booster/master cylinder/pedal assembly) So I'm being extra careful to make sure the wheel adjustments are correct.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T