Well as I mentioned in another post I had taken apart my 8 3/4" rear axle that I had assembed years ago and couldn't remember if I had greased the bearings or not. Long story short, I did. But in reassembling it and adjusting the rear brake shoes I noticed that I couldn't really adjust them correctly as the drums (11" x 2 1/2") were out of round. That is, I could rotate the assembly and feel the wheel get harder to turn as the wheel got to a certain point, then it would get easier to turn after it got past that point.

I don't know if the drums have been turned before- they might have enough meat on them to correct this but in case they don't and I need to just get new drums- how hard are they to get? The drums I have are finned and I'd like to get another finned set. The local O'Reilly's THINKS they can get a set in- they've got it on order since it's not in stock (of course). I've got a bad feeling though that they were made 'offshore'.

If this fails, is there another source I could go to? New would be nice of course but if a decent set can't be had, I'd consider used in good shape.

Suggestions? Thanks!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T