Quote:

I'm building a 440 source 438=a .030 over 383 with a 3.75 stroke crank and 6.76 rods. Flat top pistons, Edelbrock performer RPM intake and 1411 750 carb, Isky hyd. cam .465 lift and .280 dur. and its going in a 727 shifted 71 cuda. 3.23 gears and an 3000 stall 11" converter. MSD ignition and headers.

I'm looking for the best bang for the buck along with longevity, and low maintenance.
What do you think of the Stealth heads?

thanks Moparts!!!

I assembled, built, a 383 last year for a local bracket racer and he decided to use the Stealth heads, you should check them over for quality, if you can't check them have a decent shop like Southward Machine check them over for valve guide to valve fit and look at the valve job The last thing is to make sure what compression ratio you end up with, I wouldn't want to have any more than 10.5 to 1 actual mechanical, not the dynamic , ratio If you haven't already bought all the pieces and you aren't in love with using the stock stroke from that 440 crank you can have it ofset ground to 2.200 rod size and have it offset stroked to 3.90 or 3.91, it can vary .010 depending on your core size now and the actual stroke locations. You will end up with some more C.I. and torque I have several 440 and one 400 built that way, they flat rock, especially on Oregon non ethanol gas pump I used a 6.700 long H beam BB Chevy style rod on the low deck and a set of Diamond custom pistons, I'm a delaer for Diamond products so PM me if you want a price ona set of them

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)