Quote:

normally I don't have any issues when driving but the engine will start to overheat if I am sitting in traffic on a hot day for any more than a few minutes.

If it recovers when you get moving that tells me that you need more airflow or water flow (or both) & more likely to need airflow. A smaller WP pulley will speedup the fan & the WP & will give you room to run a larger crank pulley which will speed em up even further plus a side bennie of speeding up the alt (always needed). Alot of times just flushing a rad wont clear the cores much (rodding is good but dangerous on weak tubes) but if it recovers quickly when you get moving then you are good there. I'm assuming your fan depth is good & you're running a shroud. Is the front grill unobstructed? An anticav plate on the pump would be good. . I've never ran an electric fan in addition to a regular fan so no opinion if it would help but I'd think that it would if it didn't obstruct much. Just an electric fan by itself is inadequate from what I've gleaned on here about em.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth