One of the things I have been waiting to do is I want to install is a helper electric fan on my roadrunner's 383. normally I don't have any issues when driving but the engine will start to overheat if I am sitting in traffic on a hot day for any more than a few minutes.

I have asked a lot of my local car club folks and I get the range of replies from "Its the best thing they did to help cooling" or "If you need one your have other problems you should address first as the stock radiator should be sufficent". Then the debate over puller or pusher fans come into play as well.

So far I have had the stock 22 inch recently radiator flushed out and cleaned. I am running straight distilled water and some soluble oil as an additive. I also installed a higher output water pump and am running a stock clutch fan.

So I was thinking of just adding a front pusher fan that I can operate when only needed via a switch but I wanted to get some opinions from people that have done this before to what really works best.

Thank you
Stu