Hey feets,
I've been a parts department employee as well as a parts department manager myself. My employment in the automotive industry (Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, VW, SAAB as well as Harley, Buell,Moto Guzzi, Victory) spans well over 25 years starting back in 1984. I've always tried to assist others (particularly fellow car enthusiasts) whenever I can. If I was not able to assist in a satisfactory manner then I would explain why. At a minimum, perhaps by searching into an issue I would learn something to better serve my customers in the future and become more knowledgeable about the brands and products I sell. I guess I could sit there and say just "get a friggin vin" but I've never took that approach and always wanted to HELP. If a parts book, microfiche or EPC says there were options I always wanted to know why. I guess a lot of guys don't care or want to know the difference between those parts.

My inquisition about the spring part numbers was based on requesting assistance from someone who was willing to help and perhaps offer some assistance my local dealership employees could not provide based on the information I had available. I realize they need a vin but wanted to see what options were available. I also get a little skeptical when some 20 year old clown sitting on a stool stuffing his face with donuts and redbull says he does not know and cant figure it out. UNLIKE YOURSELF, twodoorpost and superwrench were able to contribute usefully to MY problem. It's a lot more acceptable to me than saying I cant help you, but thanks for trying.