Regarding the age and reliability of those old BFG tires (T/A Radials?), I've beed driving on mine for the past 4-5 years on the street and some local hi-speed road course lapping events. Size 245-60-15 front, 275-60-15 rear... bought them ~1990 and basically they sat in my garage unused until about 2009 (I got real serious and began trailering the car full-time on autocross race rubber)... currently remounted onto 15x8 vintage minilite rims (were originally mounted on 15x7 rally rims). I know they're old and have hardened some, but actually they drive locally a-ok, fine on the highway, and ok on the road course events (avrg speed bewteen 70-80, hitting 110 max on some straights.. I drive it easy on those road courses as its just for social fun... bump the tires up to ~36 front, 34 rear psi.. could go a little more. So, I've now got about 2500 miles on my ~22 year old new tires. I plan to replace them with 255-60-15 fronts and again 275-60-15 rears BFG Radial T/As... they are an ok tire just for cruising and give semi-reasonable performance. For pylon autocross competition events, I run Hossier A6 275-45-16 DOT race radials on my 16x10 road race Centerline forged aluminum lightweight rims.. and I see some of the serious hi-speed road course "competition solo" cars running the Hossier A6 tires also.. they are very sticky when hot! I intend (dreaming again) to eventually get some 17 or 18 rims (9 min, maybe 10-11 widths) with hi-speed soft compound tires (~100-200 tread wear) and use them more safely and with higher confidence on the hi-speed road courses... and likely drive to/from those specific events on those same tires. All it takes is $$. Those 12 yrold BFGs of your's will get you to/from the event and.. just don't push it real hard.. and increase the psi about 5 pounds (maybe a little more) than what you normally drive on them.. just for the road course event.

7692700-DSC08398.jpg (45 downloads)

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!