My cash is tight right now also and I need new tires. I could go to a 28 which should look ok in my rear wheelwell but then I would have to gear down as I dont want to run 28" tires with my 4.30's. Later when I get the cash I plan to drop to 4.10's or 3.91's and then 28's would be ok but it would still be better to stay with 30" tires even if I drop to 4.10's or 3.91's as with the 493's torque I dont think it would slow down as heck it might even go faster and would have a better cruising rpm. Right now with the 4.30's and the 30" tire I turn about 3200 rpm at 60 mph so I would love to drop to 3.91's and stay with the 30 inch tires. I really think it would still run 10.70's or maybe even go a tad faster as when I short shifted by mistake last time at the track it still ran a 10.83 with ease. I had accidently shifted to second about 5k as I usually shifted about 6000 to 6200 but like I said it really did not slow me at all as I was only running 10.80's that day in the heat at that track which I am usually a good 1/2 tenth slower at that track then the track I ran 10.70's at. But I cant afford both the tires and gears right now so I plan to get the 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slicks for now as I have a spare set of rims I could use to mount a dot tire later if I get the extra cash and gear down. I am seriously considering going to 3.91's. I wish I could try a 31" tire first and see how the car likes it as I can fit a 31" tall tire in the stock wheelwell. Thats another reason I like the B-body wheelwell over the Dart A-body small wheelwell I had when I owned my Dart. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 03/02/13 09:30 AM.