Quote:

Quote:

I'm using that pump with the stock cover and a 1/2" internal pick-up. It's sweet, takes less power to drive at a given rpm than a stock pump and with the stock cover, and fits just like the stock HV pump body.

The lobes on the gearator are much more pointed than the factory lobes. Be sure to port match the pump to the block etc and do the rest of the recommended internal oiling system mods.

It's a nice upgrade to your oiling system.

I have to port match the block? thanks I did not know this and will do so before I goto install it. As for the rest of the internal oil system mods what can I do to improve? building a 470ci stroker (400 block) running the milodon oil pump and milodon road race pan with windage tray and 3/8" pickup

There's a very wise bunch of experienced engine builders on this site that can point you in the right direction regarding preparing and improving the blocks oil passages etc.

Just be careful, take your time and follow the generally accepted practices of the guys who've been there done that.

One of the most critical things you can do is clean everything, and I mean everything several times.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)