Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone ever use one of these Milodon Alum oil pumps or is there a better one on the Market? This will be going on a all Alum. 572 street HEMI 10.5:1 pump gas motor wit a HP performance Alum. block #23

Thanks Brian

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/newbimioilpu.html

We've got one on the car right now, Couldn't tighten the mounting bolts to the stock iron torque specs without it binding.
I was told 15ft lbs was OK and it seems to work on the drill.
Never found out what Milodon recommended
Haven't got round to running the motor yet either.

What mounts are you using? Which block? Which K-member? The OP was asking about a Hemi block and K-member with the new cover and others post pics of their 440 setup or of some other cover. Tim

Years ago I cracked the housing of a cast iron version of that oil pump. It was at the narrowest wall. That motor would have been toast if I didn't constantly check and recheck things. I torqued it to stock specs and it bound up to the point I could not spin the motor. That lower torque spec sounds very familiar.

I have a hand written tag on a new cast iron one that is still on the shelf that says 25 ft lbs.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!