Yes of course as has been said. I can say I was amazed at how much more low end torque my 493 has compared to my old 440 even though I do have better heads on this eng. But the low end torque is great for a street car that is not a light weight. I can kinda see where you might come from only because I have seen a few stroker cars over the years that I thought did not run as hard as they should but found out as they were built to run like they did. One guy I met had a Roadrunner with a 505 stroker wedge and only ran 11.50's at his best. I thought it should have been faster until he told me he built it to run at low rpm as a street cruiser as he did not want to run it real hard. He wanted to limit it to about 5000 rpm but run mid 11's with tons of torque and he only ran 3.23's in it. It was a nice cruiser on the highway at 70 mph and still ran his mid 11's with ease. But to many it looked like it should have been a stronger running 1/4 mile car. But the owner got what he wanted. I have never driven a Hemi stroker but I consider my 493 wedge a mild stroker by todays standards and it puts one very large smile on my face with its tons of torque. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 02/11/13 07:20 PM.