Six-pack,

Not trying to be a downer, but I don't think you want your legs and feet anywhere close to the backside of a 727 in a front-motored car in any blown Hemi application. Yes it is definitely possible to build a 727 to handle the power, but when you're straddling the tranny, you will only get one chance to be wrong, regardless of how many blankets and shields are wrapped around it. Aside from the safety aspect, the first gear ratio is going to be way too violent for a light FED. At the very least, put a very tall rear gear in it. As far as convertor, I would suggest a bigger, loose convertor. With the bottom end torque of a blower motor,if the convertor comes in too soon, you'll either blow the tires off or point the nose up in the air if they hook. The looser convertor will let you get further downtrack, allowing the tires to catch up with the power level of the engine and a bigger (say 10")will absorb more heat without loosing consistency. You have to think of a looser convertor in the same way as the guys that run the slipper clutches in a FED, you won't see any lockup clutches in a car like that, all they would do is hop and skip down the track. A tight convertor will do the same thing. Just my

Ronny
6.789 @ 198.63 **.956 Brand New 60'***
4.17@ 169 1/8th mile
John 14:6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUku_hjYRh8