I am a big fan of Coan trans, they are near me and helped me built some killer powerglides. Plus I raced with and against Jason and his Dad at the Super Quick 32 races, then sponsored by Spitzer Race cars, now Jegs.

When it came time for a trans for my 340, I went to them for the trans and convertor built just for me. It has been the best mopar trans I have ever owned.

Then the same deal when I needed a trans and convertor for my 440/6 pak motor, called them up and 3 days later they have fresh trans and convertor sitting there waiting for me to pickup.

Cost both times was 600 for the trans with a 100-150 dollar core charge if you don't have a core. One time I did and one time did not have a core for my 440. Don't remember what the convertor cost but both trans has heldup great and will bark the tires, shifts great and seems to match my car and motor perfect.

Plus I like dealing with folks personally, they know me and I know them, Coan= good people.

I learned a long time ago not to mix and match parts just to save a few bucks. This is expecially true with trans and convertors.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 01/24/13 09:51 PM.