Quote:

If anyone can provide me with some possible fixes for my 1966 273, Hi-Po 4 bbl. I will be happy to call evenings. The engine has probs, would prefer to discuss on phone as it will be quite lengthy.

Engine was rebuilt a few thousand miles ago (so i was told) and the guy said he installed a Hyd cam vs the original solid, but "did not replace the adj rockers." Which being a shadetree mech, I saw no prob, except harder to adjust properly. The engine has a new Edelbrock 500, on the stock intake. When you first start it, the engine rocks like it's going to come out of it's mounts, like a terrible vacumm leak, then once it begins to warm up, the rock & roll settles down, to acceptable but not smooth as it should be. it definitely has a peppy cam, the guy said a little over stock. SO, that being said, does the ratio of the solid adj rockers have anything to do with the prob. ?? It is almost like the lifters are adj too tight, but then it gets better, as it warms up. Timing on 12 before, New electronic dist & ign. carb is NEW and adjusted correctly. I have adj the rockers from 1/4 turn to 1/2 turn, never gone the full turn. Once the engine reaches temp, it runs fine, but still a lil rockin.

thanks

If the lifters (and cam) were changed from solid to hydro, you can use the same stock adjustable rocker arms, BUT you cannot re-use the original pushrods, as they will now be the wrong length. Find a set of pushrods out of a '70's 318 motor and try them for a test.

Scott B. "I'm a self-made man... I started with nothing, and I still have most of it!" 68 360 rusty B'cuda 'vert (GO Fish)13.59@ 98.72 mph 69 340 GTS stock 14.18@ 95.60 mph 01 5.9L Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 01 3.5L 300M 16.23@ 86.97 mph