Quote:

For the hood stripes, did they not paint where they are going? I see them in the earlier part of the post on the car, but later they are not there.

The body and paint has been done twice in the last 3 years,
I had the body and paint done in 2010-11 and it was terrible. The car looked okay from 10 ft away, but the entire underbody wasn't fixed correctly. The body man literally smeared and covered everything with fiberglass filler, and didn't weld or replace anything. It would've been a death trap. I eventually filed a small claims lawsuit and won, recouping some of the money.

I sat around for a while deliberating my next step. I thought about trying to clean up the mess myself, considered selling it, and just let the car sit. I eventually was introduced to a reputable shop that specializes in 69 b-body convertibles by a fellow member here. I waited for about 9 months to get the car in, and another 9 months to restore it.

I've purchased a lot of body parts/panels twice through the process. It's hard enough financially to have body and paint done once...I paid twice. After seeing the car yesterday, it was all worth it!