Quote:

My first R block with 48 degree used standard cam bearings. One R3 used a 2" babbit. We bore the cam tunnel to take 50mm roller bearings. The other R3 was 60mm. These were all 48 degree blocks.

There is nothing about race blocks set in stone. Don't know why guys keep implying there is. Some part numbers are repeatable but many of the blocks are different depending on the date and mood of Mopar.

Leon

This is the exact reason I listed all the things I did above as a minimum to expect. Count themselves lucky if they don't have to do some of those steps.

I think at one time one of the Engine Builders said that Oil Pan bolt patterns were as various as the days of the week. Same P/N might come with a 318/340 bolt pattern one time and 360 the next ordered within a few weeks of each other. I believe they have pretty much stuck with 318/340 bolt pattern as of late????

Buying your old R3 save me a lot of Headache and $$$$. Now if I could get Bondo to finish what he needs it at his shop for and get it off to Uratchko.