Quote:

cam is 1.998 journal if thats stock ???? thev guy told me is uses stock cam bearing. what lifters will i need ?????? what will a cam cost me ???

The 1.998" is the size of one journal on a standard camshaft. The 1.998" journal camshafts are difficult to come by, the cheapest option would be the 50mm roller tunnel version.

Is this block a tall deck or a short deck? Is it 318/340 main or Ford main? To my knowledge, there isn't a 360 main R3 available. There isn't a 48* block available that runs the standard cam bearings or camshaft. The lifter bore spacing is different, along with the lobe phasing for the 48* lifter bores.

You would have to call a couple of cam companies to see what the current price and availability is on a 50mm or 60mm camshaft is these days. They are available 2nd hand also if you know where to look. The 60mm door stop I have was around $6-700 from Comp Cams.

Get some more details on this block, so you know what you're getting before you hand your cash over. Do you have any pictures?

Alan Jones