Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't grow up racing the 1/4 mile, in fact I didn't make my first pass down a drag strip until I was in my 40s. The closest track to me that runs the 1/4 is Bowling Green and even they don't run it in their regular bracket program. I have ran the 1/4 several times and honestly once you pass the 1/8 it's boring until you have drive the stripe. In the 1/8 it all happens so fast there isn't much time to think about the stripe, even in a mid 6 second car. IMO guys that are GOOD 1/8 mile racers make VERY good 1/4 mile racers. The tree is the same but driving the stripe sure comes up in a hurry.

I don't understand all the hate for the 1/8, to me it's simple. If you don't like it sell your stuff and take up golf. But would you play 9 or 18?

I'm happy I have places to race, I read a lot of posts about tracks closing down.

100%

Golf!?!? No way!!,,I would race shopping carts across a wal-mart parking lot before I took up golf.
I have to agree that what you grew up around has a big impact on a persons prefference, my first time down a drag strip was at National Trails, and I have been hooked on the 1/4 mile ever since,I have raced 1/8 mile ever since I moved to Mt.Vernon, but every once in a while I would stray off to a 1/4 mile track just to get that feeling back.

My first pass was down Pacemakers in a '72 or '73 Cuda. 400/Hemi 4-speed. It was enough to get me hooked. But the reap fun started when I went down Trails 1/4 mile. I would have to say I have probably made the same amount of passes on each(not many) but with the 1/4, I know what times I am chasing. When I say my stock Challenger ran high 13's, people can say that is respectable. But if I tell them the car would turn high 8's in the 1/8, they don't know if that is good or not. Sometimes I don't, either!

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449