Quote:

I guess I am leaning towards turbo. My goal is a low 7 second car, but has to be extremely reliable/street able. I'm probably going to have The Race Shop in WI do the chassis and Goodwin Competition Race Engines build the motor. I've been saving for the last 6 years to build the car. I want it done perfectly.
I wouldn't beat Larry Larson on Drag week, but if I can finish could probably take top 10

I'm not going to call your dream far fetched, by the words 7 second and extremely reliable/streetable is going to be some feet. No too mention extremely expensive, like in the 150k+ range. Don't let those cars fool you the are anything but "street cars" They are all out race cars w/ a few street items, not to mention the constant maintance they require. If 7's are your goal I suggest buying an ex-pro-stock car and adding lights, wipers, windows that roll down and a radio. Because by the time you are done, that's what you'll have. have you talked to any of those guys? See if you can find some of the old posts about drag week on here. See how many times Eddie had his engine apart then back together then apart again in one weekend.
I wish ya luck