Quote:

The iron ram heads from Hughes are what...the EQ heads? The EQ and RHS head are the best bang for the buck small block out there staying below 600 hp. The RHS even has the advantage of coming in a version that is the magnum design with the provisions to use LA rocker gear. Both come drilled for either the magnum or LA intake.

I can tell you that both the 2.02 RHS and EQ head outflowed the OOTB Eddy head on the bench we use. We also found that rubbing on the same spots on the EQ has we did on the RHS heads, the EQ's actually had a little better flow in the mid lift area.

The only knock I have is like OE magnum heads, the seats need cut and the guides trimmed to run any valve spring other than what will limit you to about 525" lift...

yup, hughes "iron ram" heads are enginequest 318A and 318B heads (magnum and LA intake pattern)....both use magnum pedestal mount rockers.

the RHS heads, the magnum version has magnum intake pattern and magnum rocker gear provisions, the LA version has the same ports and chamber, but LA intake bolt pattern and LA rocker gear provisions.

I think most of the cracking issue with magnum heads is due to the induction hardening process of the seats, and of all the cracked heads I've heard about, I've heard very few actually leaking water.

best budget springs for them are hughes #1110 springs, they'll allow about .540" of lift before you run into installed height problems...

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)