they say every set of Magnum heads cracked. but yet look at how many of them are on production trucks running 200k+ miles. (check the truck section for the recent thread on "how many miles on your magnum engines")

clean up the valve guide boss, open the bowls, and remove some from the pushrod pinch, and you've got a 230 CFM head. especially if you upgrade to the 2.02 valves over the stock 1.92

Yes, the R/T heads were NEVER production line heads, despite much internet rumor and poorly researched/written magazine articles. I've had guys send me messages on YouTube, because they see a video where I rebuilt a 5.9 out of a Dakota R/T, and they were drooling over the idea of picking up my "R/T heads" for cheap.

they do pop up now and then on forums, such as the parts ads here on Moparts, or on Dakota-Durango.com or Dakotart.com etc.

there are quality iron castings available from Indy, Hughes, etc. and they're not all that expensive (around $600 a pair, bare), plus as cast, they flow better than stock production magnum heads.

and of course, there are aluminum Edelbrock RPM heads for the Magnums, they're a 450-500 hp head, right out of the box, but are prone to poor valve jobs just like all the edelbrock heads.

**Photobucket sucks**