Quote:

Quote:

Wow, great information. If I can find the magnum, what do I need to do to switch from EFI to carb? Any idea on cost? Thanks.

The cost depends on whether you use the original serpentine Mag stuff or 78back LA V belt drive
The V list is as follows
Crosswinds intake $180.00
Cam snout extension 23.00
LA timing cover,Brackets & pulleys/fuel pump

Serpentine list
Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap $322.50
Carter 4070 Electric fuel pump $78.00

The Crosswinds is a direct bolt on with a RV2 compressor brackets

The Edelbrock needs spacers made & different bolts to attach A/C brace & Alt brace

I own both

Most of that stuff is not needed. You can redrill your heads to accept any LA intake manifold. The angle the intake bolts go in is different. Or you can buy one of the intakes on the market that will fit the magnum heads and take a carb. Those are a little more spendy at around 300 bucks. Don't need the LA timing cover, brakets and all that stuff unless you want it for looks. To run the serpentine stuff I just junked the AC compressor and bought a belt for a non-ac 3.9 magnum truck. I had to slightly reposition the tensioner but no big deal. No cam snout extension needed, buy an electric fuel pump which I much prefer to run instead of a mechanical one anyway. If you can do a little bit of wiring and can find a 92-95 dodge truck/ram van at the junkyard you can snag the engine harness and computer out of it and even keep the efi. This way no changes to the engine are needed. My donor engine is out of a 99 dakota but I grabbed the electronics from a 95 because they're easy to swap in.