I'm looking for some confirmation on my observations of rim numbers and answers to my question at end.

I'm sure most all restorer's know the JJ code for Hemi car rims. I actually have 3- of them and don't know what I'll ever do with em. I had four, but that's another story.

I've got a question about a later set of rims I've accumulated, and what the numbers on them mean. They are Steel Slots from 78/9 Dodge Trucks. Could these be serialized to a production unit? There are 3-sets of numbers on them.

They all have a "Pentastar" followed by 40360 91, and that is marked the same, from outside toward middle on every rim. I figure that's the PN.

They also have marked in various directions what I figure is a date and shift code. It's marked 3 26 79 2 on one, 3 3079 1 on another. I have two marked 5 31 791 What I believe is the shift code is marked more lightly than the other numbers.

The final set of numbers had me wondering if they were individually serialized rims until I got two with the same final set of numbers, having mfg dates 4-days apart. So now I'm wondering if anybody knows if they were possibly stamped to a line production (job) number? The first two dates I gave have the same final number. S190214. However, the other two which were built on same day and shift if my date coding guess is correct, have a different final number. One is S190306, the other S190329. That would lead me to guess they were sent to the line only twenty three jobs apart.

Can I get any confirmation on my guesswork?

I know I got a pair of these rims from one truck, and over a couple years managed to get two straight and decent rims from maybe two other trucks. For certain I got one off a 79 TrailDuster. Seems pretty odd that it would have been built the same day as the other rim. Or am I all soaking wet and the numbers mean something else entirely? I can't verify which rims were the pair and which were the later additions, only guess by the numbers that match.

The name's Bondo. Jams Bondo Tonight I'm dining with Clia Torrez