Quote:

Wheel bearings originally sat ON TOP of the 1/8" thick drum brake backing plate. If the wheel bearing bolts directly against the housing end, the axles will insert farther inside the differential and preload the thrust block. This will destroy Green wheel bearings in no time.

Instructions for the Wilwood kit with the parking brake in the rotor hat are wrong.

You MUST:

1. Use the loose 5 hole retainer that comes in the MO-400 (snap ring type) Green bearing kit to take up the space originally occupied by the drum brake backing plate. Use this plate between the housing end and the Wilwood backing plate.

OR...

2. Remove the thrust block in the differential.

BTW, all my rear disc brake kits work with stock or Green wheel bearings, and none require this modification.

Of course I did not even see that. That's why you are the Dr.!

In the diagram above it shows the how the Wilwood mounts. The stock backing plate would be between the the bearing retainer and that is gone now...

So in order to get the bearing spaced out like it was you need to have the spacer there! Or like you said remove the thrust block and you are done.

Allen Here's a novel idea, let's not throw a bunch of parts at the car hoping it will fix the problem and instead spend a little time diagnosing it first. Life was a little easier when I was just a wrench.