Quote:

My convertable, 66' was severely traction limited with the 235/70/15s that I had installed on the car, (640 ft.lb. torque HEMI.) The car weighs 4K, has a 3.54 gear in the Dana and acted like it was on ice with any throttle applied. I was told that a 275/60/15 wouldn't fit. In frustration, I borrowed a friends 275/60/15 M&H drag radials on 7"x15" Mopar "steelys" just to see for myself. They fit! and they hook! The temp was maybie 50 degrees, I didn't do a burnout to heat the tires but after a 10 mile cruise, I stopped and applied 1/2-3/4 throttle. The car EXPLODED! The sunvisor came loose and nearly decapited me! About 20' out, the tires let loose for mabie 10' and then hooked up for good. What a ride! I have had some fast cars, (still have a 11 second ride) but I have NEVER had a car leave so hard! For all of you who wonder, a 275/60/15 WILL fit a 66' B body, and it is well worth it!

I have 255/60 X 15" drag radials on my 66 Hemi Coronet on 7" wide steel wheels with stock back spacing. The car has stock Hemi suspension and absolutely no wheel well mods or spring relocation. The engine is built to NHRA stock specs and will run low 11s-high 10s and launchs hard and straight and hooks hard. They are MUCH easier to change and I can load the car with passengers front and rear with no rubbing even on hard corners.