Quote:

I was talking to a racer friend of mine and he brought up an interesting thought. "If" the hex on the plug is bottoming out on the chamfer of the head, then the spark plug seal may not be sealing up. Since I do not drive the car very much, the moisture (not oil) may be pushing up and out of the cylinder thru the plug seal and puddling at the bottom of the spark plug. The fluid that I am finding puddling up around the plug is dark in color, so it could be moisture (not oil) that has been sitting on the piston which does have a dark coating (carbon?).
I am going to use a paint marker, and paint the chamfer around that plug. Then after it dries, torque the spark plug back into the hole and then remove it to see if any of the paint marker has been scratched off of the chamfer. If it has been scratched off, then I will add a second plug gasket from one of my new plugs that I have sitting around. If there is no scratches, then I will add powder down and around the plug and then fire it up to see if I can find the issue.

The plugs do not show oil. They have some dark color on the threads but no oil.
I do have a "ticking" exhaust leak that I have not found yet, even after a new set of header gaskets and tracing each exhaust joint. Maybe this is my "ticking" leak.

Thanks Scratch!

well which one is it now? oil or the airfuel mixture/condisation?

he may have nailed it for you right there. the plug not sealing may indeed be the problem.

ez mistake on calling the puddle oil and not a fuel/water mixture.

very interesting!