After I pulled the plugs for a general reading, I wiped out the spark plug pockets (oil/dirt) and then re-torqued all of the plugs. I then started up the car to make sure that I had all of the wires connected properly. After a few minutes of idling, I shut it down.

Then a few days later, I decided to re-gap my plugs. After only a few minutes of idling a couple of days before, I already had oil puddling up in the #7 spark plug well again. The attached picture is of #5 & #7 plugs. I do not have any oil leaking from my valve covers. It appears (you can see it in the picture) that my #7 spark plug hex (bottom side) is scraping against the chamfer in the spark plug hole as I am torquing down the plug. I am now wondering if my spark plug seat is not getting down low enough to seal off the hole due to the spark plug hex rubbing against the chamfer which is allowing oil to come up and out of the spark plug hole.
I am considering adding an indexing washer to this plug to see if I can gain some clearance below the spark plug hex to allow the plug to achieve the correct torque on the spark plug seal ring. #7 was the only plug that had oil puddling this time after the short idle time.

Thanks

7433248-10-15-12_1.JPG (43 downloads)

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)