Quote:

what is the offset on those? is there room to go an inch or 2 wider on the fronts?
Ill be putting the rallye's in a 71 roadrunner, I'm hoping the 17x9 0 offset fits...

The Telstars actually had about 0.5" of negative offset (4" back space). Nine inch wheels with zero offset will fit, although you'll be getting close to the ball joint. Just don't get crazy with the tire size. Nine inches is bit wide for 235s though.

When I ran the "Hot Wheels" like the Bee above on my '69 Charger, I had 17x8's and 17x9's, zero offset and 255-50, 275-50 tires. No clearance issues. In fact, they actually screwed up the mounting and shipped a 255 mounted on a 9" wheel. Just for giggles I test fitted it and found no clearance problem. That car tracked like crap with the 255s on front though. I'd never go that wide again.

Hypothetically, if I had about $1400 burning a hole in my pocket and decided to spend it on a set of 17" wheels and tires for my '72 Road Runner, I'd either run eights all around, or stagger with nines in back. Tires would be 235 and 255 combo.

-Jim

I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman.
He's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it.

Currently Mopar-less