Quote:

To have a clear understanding of my position,I'am not a promoter.I and my associates help sponser the Curt Memorial race to honor Curt,his memory and his legesy.I leave the promoting to the track owners and or the event owners if one is involved.
We have been recently approached from a potential promoter who wants to create a new 3 race series for Mopar racers.This would be a race oriented event,with guarrenteed payouts and affordable entry fees.The payouts will come from sponsership money and not be prorated on the number of cars entered.It is unfair for racers to travel at great cost to find that the purse is diminished because of low car count.It is the responsibility of the track owner or event promoter to bring the racers to the event.The big mistake they make is not securing the sponser funds to cover the payouts and realy on the gate and entry to cover that cost as well as put money in their pockets.Relying on only the gate and entry is a sure way to lose money unless you cut the payout and that certainly pisses of the racers.
We are in an early stage negotiations with this promoter and if anything developes we will inform everyone.
Respectfully,
Bob

So in other words don't put up more money than you can afford to lose...
Bob I will make the Curt Memorial race one day...

79 Dodge Aspen
12.265 at 109.75 MPH

67 Satellite NSS/E
11.83 @ 110

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 472 Hemi

3 time MOPAR NATIONALS CHAMP '03 FWD and '06 & '09 Street.
'07, '10, '12 Mopar Nats runner-up Street.