Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Remember when you go roller you have to also think about spring pressure and rocker arms breaking. I had to go to t&ds after 3 sets of pushrods due to lack of oiling and 2 broken rocker arms.

What did you have before? I am running Hughes 1.6 ratio right now, and thought they should be okay?

Indy's 1.6. Bullet cam 668 lift which made it around 700 with close to 700 open psi and 270 or 280 on the seat.When i went to the t&d's i went back to 1.5's for a little less valvetrain stress. K950 springs.

Damn, those valve springs your using aren't cheap man Wasn't thinking valvesprings for a solid roller deal would cost that much.

As for my rockers, I thought the Hughes were supposed to be a good rocker and handle some serious stuff since Hughes totes them as being just as good as the high end stuff

I do not know about the hughs stuff.When i was having promblems i got a hold of Ryan from Shadydell speed shop and told him what i had and he lead me in that direction.I was tired of breaking stuff and wanted something that last.Also you will have to get a better pushrod due to the spring pressure , mine are 5/16 .080 manton for another $230 or so dollars.

Cam 300-350
springs 250-300
lifters 400-600
pushrode 200-250
T&D shaft mount rockers 1200.
That should give you a idea on stuff,Also someone makes a roller lifter that DO NOT have the needdle bearings in them.I think it is either bullet/moral or isky but they are alittle more money but may be worth the peice of mind.

7444740-dart.jpg (67 downloads)