Quote:

Let be honest, shall we? You say your deploying after the new year. Your project will be put on hold while your gone, right?
Why not just plan on and save your "Hostile fire" pay along with the tax free that you'll get for being in the AOR and either get a recore job or buy what you want with that $$$!
Studying your PME so you can get promoted wouldn't hurt either.

Well, firstly, as I said, I want to drive the car before I leave.

Secondly, if you mean Area Of Responsibility, then yes, I'll get "Hostile fire". Unfortunately, my original "estimate" from the body shop was $10,000 to $12,000. I took $20,000 out of my civilian "thrift savings plan" as a loan to cover the body work, engine and transmission. As I stated, the body work total is over $20,000 now. I have $5,000 in the engine, and another $1,500 in the tranny. I had to take out another loan against my wife's car to cover it! Thus any "Hostile fire" pay (and any other extra pay) is already spoken for to pay back the loans.

I had to Google PME. From what I gather it's an Air Force officer thing. I am neither Air Force, nor an officer. I am however a full time D.O.D. civilian during the week. I'm just fine where I'm at, thanks.

Actually, I contacted USRadiator. They have what I am looking for, bolt in, copper, for $367.50. That's probably my best option, unless anyone has the same for less.