Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't make sense that they rolled out the factory like that , especially if the car had a hood pad and it is just going to get soaked with rain water or water is just going to dump right down on top of the engine if there is no hood pad .

To me either but this person IMO would never make a change like that and he's owned the car since day one. He a commercial airline pilot and the car is still completely stock (except that I talked him into having someone put a current carb on it and storing the original). Just thought is was odd when the home town guy reminded me that his A/C road runner also had the AG grilles.

Here's the tag from the GTX:

Interesting post, but a question for you, why did you talk him into changing the Carb ? was it not running so great ? My AVS is just fine

I tried to find an accellerator pump for my AVS and had to mod an Edelbrock pump to make it work or to fix my 40+ year old AVX carburetor with 95,000 miles on it.......anyone know where to find an OE Accell pump? That's just one reason for just throwing an out of the box new carburetor on a 40+ year old car IMO.

The GTX vert owner noticed the Holley hiding under the air filter cover on my GTX last year and asked about it and told me how he's had several "expert mechanics" rebuild his AVS and it is never right, so bad that he was affraid to drive it any distance. Put the Holley on and drove it 200+ miles to show me the car and drove it back 200+ miles two days later after cruising around the Lake Erie shore line during the holiday weekend too. No brainer IMO to just throw a new carb on at the age of the original while you're looking for someone like Bill O or some other members to rebuild it and get it to work correctly. I doubt the he will put the original AVS back on until he needs to go OE because he (and his wife) said it's the first time in decades that they felt less worries driving it.