The man said that the reluctor gap moves around during mechanical and vacuum advance. The Rev box responds to the changes. Having the gap change in 2 instances can confuse the ECM and cause timing to bounce around. I told him that I have a MP distrubutor as part of an electronic conversion package and that my vacuum can was adjustable.
He offers a 1 year warranty, which is simply unheard of with electronic parts. I think that it is worth a try. Over the last 3 years, I wiped 2 orange boxes and went with a used ECM from a pile I had. Call me naive, but I didnt know that there was that much of a difference in spark boxes. My understanding was that the Chrome and Orange ECMs were supposed to be of benefit only in the sky high RPMs, which I don't see. I run the mill up to 5800-5900. The testing of this unit showed that it provides gains everywhere in the RPM range. I was specially impressed with the consistancy as compared to the cheapest ECM which faltered in the 3000-4000 range. THAT is the range that should be noticeable.
I dont drag race the car, but I might. It is a street car with a greater emphasis on cornering and handling. Mid range performance is my greatest interest.

Last edited by Frankenduster; 10/02/12 10:42 PM.