A dip in Methylethylketone (MEK) solvent will lift the original paint right off with some light brushing from a soft bristle tooth brush. Doesn't affect the chrome at all. Then I usually polish up the chrome surfaces with a good chrome polish. Then I dunk them in Laquer thinner and wipe them with thinner soaked towels or rags. I scuff around the lug areas and the sides of the cone with a 3M Ultra Fine (grey) scotchbrite pad. Another good wipedown with thinner, tack rag and spray them. (No taping off) When they're almost totally dry, I wrap a clean T shirt around my finger and keep dipping it in Laquer thinner and wiping the outer edges and the top areas where the little discs go. Polish up the chrome areas a couple days later and they they should come out looking great. On a side note: you may not be able to get MEK solvent. Sometimes it's tough to find but a good, long soak in Laquer thinner should work the same. It just takes longer to get the original argent to come off. I never use any type of paint strippers on parts like center caps. It seems no matter how many times you wash and rinse with water and a toothbrush, it's never enough. It finds little spots to hide and comes back to bite you when you're laying down paint.

Last edited by EL5 71; 09/05/12 11:33 PM.