Just started this with my father-in-law. The car was originally bought in 2007 by one of my older borthers. It came from up in the Saginaw, MI. area and had been in a barn for 10-15 years. Both the front floors were quite rotten, so he replaced those. The trunk floors are in remarkable shape, as is most of the car.
It came with a 383/auto setup but was originally a 3 on the tree car. Bucket seats, black interior, and a dark blue color originally as you can see from some of the pics.
So after about 3 months he quit working on the car and it sat until my father-in-law bought it last week. So now in our free time we're working on it.
Goal is paint by winter time and work on the rest over the winter slowly. It by no means will be a trailer queen. New paint, rebuilt engine/trans and just alot of cleaning up while trying to hold to a budget.lol.

Anyway heres a few pics.

Put the father in law to work with some paint stripper. The previous owner had said to just block and ready to paint. Roll on rust-oleum...sure...

I had to do some minor steel work on the front fenders thus far. Passenger fender was a little rough around the edges but still came out nice.

Plan for the hood is a MW scoop.

As you can see went with a red/maroon color. I originally was going to paint it a new Ford Red Kandy color, but being a tri-coat the price per quart was just over $300, that didnt fit the budget.
I went through a good amount of chips and came out with this color-good pearl kinda dark but really comes out in the sun.
I just sprayed the inner fenders today just to get an idea of whether we like the color or not? Input is appreciated. Thanks.