Quote:

I had disc brakes all the way around on all of the cars I've owned. However, all of them were newer than 1990. When I bought my Dart, I was kind of paranoid driving around in it thinking I have drums all the way around because it wasn't stopping as fast as I'd like. I always feared I would have brake fade and crash into the person in front of me. Later I found out I actually had 4 piston disc brakes in the front with the 9" drums in the back. So I'd definitely say, discs in the back is a big plus. When I work on brakes in my Dart I am going disc brakes all the way around.

BTW, you've actually got 10" rear drums on your Dart.

Perception is reality.

I drove a 69 Dart with samee factory 4 piston brake and 10". All parts rebuilt though. It could lock them up at any time in normal driving.

Now, did it "feel" like the 4 wheel disc brake modern somewhat performance inspired cars I've regularly driven. No.

But I really think a lot of that is because of the handling of those modern cars. They have way less nose dive. Lower center of gravity, shocks, and suspension that resist dive. Tires with more grip....