Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Rob..Ron! Steff's a real sharp guy!..he'll know exactly what should be done to fix my problem! As far as converters go...more than a few people suggested I go to a looser 8" unit,but I don't know....I've had GREAT luck with my 9.5" Dynamic! But...I'm thinking,since everything's still apart,and not installed in the car yet..could be a possibility!..but only if I were to sell my Dynamic first!

As BradH stated, work with what you presently have. Perfect the combo you have by tuning (both chassis and engine)and sound driving techniques meaning "knowing" what the car "likes" and "dislikes". Worry about the parts combo AFTER
you find out from tuning! Money can be "saved" through this approach for the ESSENSIAL parts UPGRADES! Don't FALL into the "Keeping up with the Joneses" approach. Hardly any good results through this method.

Brad..Ron,points well taken! I'm sure with the improved heads..and Steff re-doing the frame rails,I SHOULD be seeing some 10 second time slips! Now..just gotta put the X back together again!

FWIW (Steff may have this in mind already), outside of the frame rail repairs, reinforce the upper rear shock mounts and the area above the nose of the pinion housing, IF you are going to use a pinion snubber. It's to provide a solid contact surface for the snubber (distributes the weight transfer/engine torque shock to the chassis).

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)