Last spring I removed my MP .590 cam, and mildly (non-professionally) ported 915 heads, and replaced them with a set of the Edelbrock Victor heads and a used Comp Cams roller that I have had for a couple years (see attachment for specs). Also installed a set of the Hughes offset rockers (1.6 ratio) to go with the new heads. The intent was to gain a few MPH from my 447 low-deck in Super Gas (throttle-stop) racing. The old combo would run 137-138 in Denver, with a best of 150 in Topeka. Althoough I haven't had time to really flog this new setup, the initial outings are not very impressive, with speeds of 139 in Denver. I swapped out my 4:30 gears for a set of 4:56s, which netted 100-200 more RPM in the lights, and no difference in MPH. I realize that the 850 DP carb may be a little on the small side for what I am trying to do, and the cam being degreed at 106 is not the best (wanted to retard it some, but I couldn't cut valve reliefs as deep as I wanted because of the close proximity to the top ring land). Any thoughts/input would be appreciated.FWIW--I know that low-end and mid-range have improved because I have added .3 to .4 to my throttle-stop timer.

7311093-CompCamSpecs.jpg (275 downloads)