Quote:

Quote:

Well, mine went 6.58 in the cooler morning and then 6.47 in the heat last week! MPH got better too! I will let you guys figure that one out.

Temp was reading 99* in the sun, 88* in the shade. Launch rpm, shift rpm, everything pretty much the same.

The 6.58, the motor was still not fully heat soaked, and the 60ft was off thanks to the burn out. Typically its a 6.52, which is what the 2nd pass was, but we did not expect to dip all the way down to 6.47 on a hot day. The next couple of passes, the car just got faster on every pass with no changes on my end, just getting a better burn out than the 1st pass and trying to be consistent with motor launch temps. Motor is still a little tight, and the chassis might be as well. So in the heat of the day it was right around 6.49, then it cooled down a little to about 83* and we got the 6.47.. The car's record was 6.44 on a nice cool night so, not bad in the heat. We run pump gas, and i think it changes more than it really should, but we are still learning with 90 actual full passes on the car now.

The first pass was slower ey ? Was the eng warm enough or did it spin. Alot of times if a car gets faster in hotter air it may be a little lean. Ron

Might be lean.... but also the first pass of the day
for me is usually a bit slow...due to all the parts
and fluids not warmed up all the way... even warming
it up in the pits(I tend to drive around to warm it up)