Quote:

Not sure what you're going off about since the clutch in the P4120758 kit has NEVER fit a 68 to 70 b body big block car at any point in it's history. It has always been too long for that application, nothing has changed.

I tried it back in 1999 and it did not fit my car back then, and there is no reason to believe it will fit in 2012 either

In 1999 it was 3 and 1/4" long.
In 2012, it is still 3 and 1/4" long.

The clutch assy was originally sourced from a 6 cylinder van application, and was chosen for minimal HP loss....not based on cooling capability, and certainly not on the ability to fit any specific years or models.

Thanks for the response Rich and telling us what the original source was, I have never used that kit but the thought has crossed my mind on it.

now I'll ask the really STUPID question , What did MP think people were going to use it in if the parts were sourced from a 6cly.VAN application ??? I have a 2002 MP catolog here , it's listed in the HEMI section, the Big block section , and the smallblock section all with the same part number of P4120758.

Description is as follows ...

Quote:

Most 60's and early 70's factory-built MUSCLE CARS were equipped with viscous fans for cooling purposes. Engineers have determined through dyno-testing that this viscous fan is the best replacement package. It provides thermostatically-controlled cooling, includes a lightweight balanced fan and takes the least amount of horsepower from the engine. Offers up to 15 horsepower gain on typical high performance V8s.

Has the description changed because it sure sounds like they are marketing it toward a specific years and models.

Seems like the bean counters took over ... again ... lets clean out existing stock of obsolete parts and sell them ... with no warranty of fitment ... to those dumb enough to buy MP parts .

This isn't directed at you Rich and it's great that someone like you is available to give us the lowdown , but I'm having a hard time waving the MP flag , yes I do buy their parts and recommend them when they fit the need for others , when they keep pulling crap like this ...