Quote:

Thanks for the tips... I always thought a 6qt pan would run dry above 6200rpms with a high volume pump.

I guess I dont need a 1/2 tube either then since your running 3/8.

What is your normal oil idle presure (if you have 10lbs per 100rpm, 900idle you have 9psi)?
Is this safe for a street car?

The oil pressure varys with oil temps, I use Valvoline 5W20WT non synthetic oil, it will drop down to 18 lbs at 800 RPM with the oil temps above 185 F It has 30 lbs at 1000 RPM and 40 lbs at 1500 RPM, 65 lbs at 7300 RPM in high gear Its all good I do have to keep the oil pan at or above 1/2 quart below the full line, if I don't the oil pressure will drop off some after letting off on one of the 130 MPH+ 1/4 mile runs it makes I use the Federal Mogul narrow full groove truck bearings also I do use the stock 1970/71 440 six pak Mopar 3/8 pickup, I make sure it is no higher than 1/8 off the bottom of the oil pan It doesn't hurt to have it touch either as long as it doesn't hold the oil pan off of the block before tightening I also use a crankshaft scraper (I make my own, you can to ) also to help free up some power and keep the oil in the pan

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)