Hey guys, heres my build I wanna see what you guys think. I am building a 498 stroker from a 440 made by hughes engines. The kit is 4.15 stroke with I beam rods. Flat top pistons. I am using the 440 source stealth heads in theyre standard form, they have an 80cc. The cam I have is the Lunati 60303 cam. Here is the specs:Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 268/276
Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 226/234
Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .494/.513
LSA/ICL: 110/106
Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
RPM Range: 1800-6200
I am running a 727 trans with a 2400 stall and 323 gears. I am really concerned that my compression will be far to high. I am trying to run on pumped gas without detonation. The guy from Hughes said I can run pumped gas with this really huge cam. I want a steady idle and dont want to sound like my car is dying out. What do you guys think? I have the option of sending the flat tops back along with the crank to get dish pistons and have it all balanced. I am a little upset because I told him I want a pump gas motor and he sent me flat top pistons anyway. Maybe you guys have some ideas on how to lower my compression and make this thing work without sending it back. Thanks in advance for the help guys.