Yes and no.
If this is a competition car, even part time, you will be constantly improving and tuning it. Corner weights are very useful. For someone simply upgrading to a sporty suspension for general use, probably not. Simply copy an established package, and unless that is not satisfactory, weights are interesting to share but not going to be needed.

When I first bought the car, I did not weigh it. Frankly, although I wanted to, in retrospect it wouldn't have been that helpful. It was a tired /6 car being switched to v-8; springs, shocks, rear axle all were being swapped. So there was no baseline to work from. I did use the Brookland Book's magazine reprints to get an idea of what the stock v-8 and notchbacks balanced at.

That said, after it was together, I scaled the car whenever opportunity arose. At the dragstrip at first (total weight). Later at shops that had scales, and that's where I could do front-back.

Now when is most useful? First when deciding on changes. Besides weighing the car, you can use the scales to check leaf spring rate. Weigh the car as it will be used. Load up the driver's area with weight if you can't be sitting in it. Set the ride hieght where you want it. Some people will adjust the t- bars to equalize the corner weights, others may prioritize equalizing right-left ride heights. Whichever, make sure the sway bars are not pre-loaded (unless you want that for some reason).