Always start with the least abrasive or damaging, and work your way up. If the plastic is in good condition, but hazy or dull, no deep scratches, I sure as heck would NOT start in by bead blasting it or sanding on it. Try some Plast-X with a micro fiber cloth and just work it in for a while by hand. If you have scratches or gouges, then is the time to use more abrasive techniques. Plast-X was made for plastic, it won't harm your chrome trim. I furnished my entire house with a lot of vintage 60s and 70s decor, much of it is pop-art plastic stuff. Some lucite sculptures, etc. Even the most clouded, crappy, dirty, very lightly scratched stuff came out looking brand new. Plast-X is outstanding stuff, and has preservatives and conditioners in it to protect the plastic. I did a set of vintage clear tinted pool table balls that most would have probably thrown away, and they came out looking like jeweled hard candies. Start off simple, then go rougher if you need to. Once plastic is removed, there is no putting it back. Good luck!

This page is made up completely of recycled electrons.