Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

plus get that timing dialed back once you get the gap set.

WRONG!!!

Fix/weld the mechanical advance plate so the engine can have the proper initial.

Carry on

No , not really.

That is something he could/should eventually do but for right now to figure out what is going on he needs to keep it no higher than 5-8 .

How much total it has right now don't mean jack shyat...

He needs to get his idle issue sorted out and TOTAL plays absolutely no part in that area of the equation. Time that car at 5-8* initial and it will run worse than he could ever imagine.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, there is no way that cam he has needs 30 degrees of initial timing to run right .

Now that I agree with. It should run in the 14-18* range pretty easily IF everything is right. Total doesn't matter here, second piece of the ignition timing puzzle. He's not driving it, nor putting any load on it.

If that car starts easily with 30* initial on it, it's got no cylinder pressure. He had it apart and from what I understand didn't bother to degree the cam with the old timing set nor the new one...

I wonder if he fixed any of the other issues he had from the other threads. I'll bet one particular big one is still left unresolved.