At some point I will get it to a drag strip for "official" times but the closest strip is almost 100 miles away. With the factory 6" steel rims and 225 red line radials behind a Dana 4:10, getting traction from a stop can be tricky. When I take my car buddies out for a ride I'll run it up to 25-30 MPH and then stab it. I still spin but not as bad from a stop. A few of them race pretty regular and have said it "feels" like a low/mid-13 ride. Typical response after a ride and mention of the points ignition is something like "Really??, no efn way...cool!". I know I can get better performance/less maintenance with an electronic version, but I won't get stranded when the orange box fails... I made the effort with this car to make it stock/functional as when new to see what the experience would have been like back in the day. Most every other Mopar I had was cold-blooded and difficult to start because I modified too much. This one has the carbs and choke set up correctly and all I do is give it two pumps with the gas pedal and then turn the key only to start it up. It goes to fast idle for a bit then tap the pedal and it settles down to normal idle. Brings a smile to my face every time...

Jim

7218126-rrresize.JPG (68 downloads)