Quote:

about running a jumper wire on the starter (instead of switched +12V to just the small terminal on starter), are you guys experiencing starter run-on and/or starter crank without the pinion engaging by doing this?
I ran into this situation when doing the same on a permanent magnet starter on v-twin lawn garden engine. I think the starter begins to act as a generator and keeps itself energized for a few seconds after engine starts.

No problems what so ever as I use a small jumper from the starter stud to the solenoid terminal. Ford actually did this back in the late 60's and early 70's on some of the bigblock T-birds and Lincolns with 429's and 460's. They use the started solenoid mounted on the fenderwell and also had a solenoid style starter on the car with a metal link they used from the starter stud to the solenoid. Most Fords used the starter without a solenoid mounted on it as it used one of the electric magnetic poles to engauge the starter. But I have had no run on or any problem like that. Ron