Quote:

Quote:

Well, it won't go in because you have the wrong pan. You need the center sump.

Yep, even I have figured that out by now I just measured my Chinese oil pan... it's only 5" from the front rail edge to the sump! No wonder I couldn't get the engine in... it's more like a front-sump pan. I didn't get it from 440source, but from an ebay store I can't recall. Shoulda known better...

My pan is also a long 11-12" from the rear edge to the sump and there's lots of clearance to the center link (the Moroso 20760, for which I can find dimensions, is 8" there). it doesn't show the front dimension, but the pics of both the Milodon and the Moroso are obviously quite a bit longer in front than 5"... a guy on BBD measured his and that dimension is 7.5. So that will buy me 2.5" which will probably be enough

Quote:

Got mine from Source one. Great pan for the price.

Who're they? which part number?
I can get the Milodon 30730 or the Moroso for about the same $260 with pick-up from Summit.

Quote:

I put mine in and out by myself all the time with a deep center pan. You don't have to take anything off of the engine compartment. Mine is a rb with an auto. All I had to do was bend the lip above the auto trans to make it fit.

Yep, I already hammered that lip flat with an 8-lb sledge and "finished" the job with a 4-lb hammer

Once I get the proper pan, I will pull the column again and see if that gives me enough room to get the Hedmans in, and if not I guess I'll drop the K-frame. I am not an octopus (and have no helpers) so it will be next to impossible to slide the headers into place while also dropping the engine!

Thanks for the variety of approaches... I'll let you know how it comes out. Or in.

Sorry, 440 source, I don't remember the part number, but when I called to check to see if it would fit, whoever answered the phone, said they didn't say it would fit, but from the pics, it was a center sump. Yes it fit fine, just didn't like their tone I guess. Why sell a pan if you don't know what it fits? Anyway, it does the job for 80 or so, whatever it was. If I had to do it over, would probbly get the Milodon that has the side tanks built on it for more ground clearance.