Trying to finish up some fine tuning on my viper brake swap on my Dakota. it stops great, but I have an issue with an overly soft pedal that I have to pump, release, then apply again and it'll finally stop hard.

I already upgraded to a 1 1/8" bore master cylinder from an 03/04 dakota that was for a disc/disc application. the stock viper master cylinder is only 1 1/16" so it's not pedal stroke/volume that's my problem.

I have a rotor with a noticable/visible wobble when it's spun on the hub, but the local NAPA said "it didn't look any worse than any of the other rotors" and they turned it anyway and said I was good to go. but...it still has a visible wobble.

But, when applying the brakes, I have NO pulsation or vibration.

I'm thinking the wobble in the rotor is pushing the pistons/pads back into the caliper, and my first pedal pump is taken up by pushing them back out, then the second pump creates the clamping force for stopping. It's not a full, to the floor pump though, I can give it a 1/4 - 1/2 stroke, release and quickly apply again and its a nice firm pedal, smooth braking with no vibrations or pulsating.

so...time to get out a dial indicator, how much "runout" is acceptable on a rotor?

**Photobucket sucks**